Great Canadian Solar Ltd. (GCS) is a 100% Alberta owned electrical engineering and contracting company specializing in the installation of grid connected and grid isolation photovoltaic (PV) power systems.
GCS is based in Edmonton and services all of Western Canada.
The company was originally incorporated as C.T's Electrical Consulting and Construction in 2005. Until 2009, we focused on commercial/residential electrical installations and industrial electrical design services to engineering companies.
In 2009, GCS's focus switched to the design, procurement and construction of grid connected and grid isolated photovoltaic (PV) power systems for residential, agricultural, commercial and industrial clients.
Since then, GCS constructed 33% of the installed solar capacity within the province and as such, gained valuable experience by installing over 7,000 kW of solar PV systems with no safety incidents.
Since 2009, GCS has consistently proven itself to be a leader in the solar industry by being involved in many of the largest and more difficult projects in the province.
Great Canadian Solar:
- has a COR and ISN Networld recognized health and safety management program
- is a corporate sponsor and business member of the Solar Energy Society of Alberta (SESA);
- is WCB certified;
- carries $5,000,000.00 worth of liability insurance.
Our team is compromised of:
- Professional Engineering Technologists
- Renewable Energy Technologists
- NABCEP Certified PV Installer (Clifton Lofthaug)
- CSA Certified Installers
- Master, Journeyman, and Apprentice Electricians